Scholarship Name: Sydney Achievers International Scholarships (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
Brief description: The University of Sydney, Australia offers Undergraduate (Bachelors) and Postgraduate (Masters) Scholarships for International Students to study for 2015/2016 academic year
Accepted Subject Areas: Courses offered at the University
The University of Sydney takes great pleasure in announcing the Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for new international students commencing at the University in 2015. These prestigious Scholarships will be offered to high achieving, academically meritorious, international students, inviting them to enjoy the Sydney experience at one of the finest institutions of higher education in the world.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Selection will be based strictly on academic merit as per the University’s admission requirements.
- Selection will be based on actual results (academic and English language proficiency). Predicted/forecast results will not be considered.
- Only applicants with firm, unconditional offers of admission will be considered.
Selection will be made by the University’s Scholarship Selection Committee, whose decision will be final.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the University with outstanding results, as deemed by the University of Sydney.
- Students completing Foundation Studies Programs offered by Australian or New Zealand universities are eligible.
- Students who have already commenced/completed tertiary studies, or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing, are not eligible.
- Applicants must have completed the equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree qualification with outstanding results based on the Australian grading system, as deemed by the University of Sydney.
- Students who have already commenced/completed postgraduate studies are not eligible.
Number of Scholarships: up to 100
Value of Scholarship
The University of Sydney will award 30 scholarships of AUD$10,000 each per annum, available for a maximum of three years, (total value AUD$30,000) for any Undergraduate program offered at the University (subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year).
30 scholarships of AUD$10,000 each, available as a one-off award (total value AUD$10,000) for any Postgraduate Coursework program offered at the University of Sydney.
Scholarship Recipient (both Undergraduate and Postgraduate) will have to take care of their living allowance.
Duration of Sponsorship
Three years for Undergraduate programme and one year for masters programme
Eligible Countries: All international Students
To be taken at (country): University of Sydney Australia
To be considered, you must have an Unconditional Offer by 01 December 2014.
To be considered, you must have an Unconditional Offer by 15 January 2015.
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
- No separate application is required for the scholarship. Applications for Admission to Semester One 2015 are now open.
- To be considered for the Sydney Achievers International Scholarship, a candidate must receive an Unconditional Offer of Admission.
- All eligible applicants with an unconditional offer by a specified cut-off date will be considered.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: University of Sydney, Australia