Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State invites applications from suitably QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION INTO Full-Time and Part-Time Postgraduate programmes of the School for the 2014/2015 Academic Session.
Note: Obafemi Awolowo University does not have any outside agent to help with the 2014/2015 postgraduate admission exercise. The use of such agent is at candidate’s own risk and candidates should desist from using third party in processing their applications.
THE PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE ARE:
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD); Professional Masters (MBA, MPA, MIR, M.Arch. MM Psych, LL.M. etc); Masters with Research Thesis (M.Sc., M.A, M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes. For Special Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the Obafemi Awolowo University, CLICK HERE!
Duration of OAU Postgraduate Programmes.
(a) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
(i) Full-Time – 2 Semesters
(b) Master Degree Programmes
Full-Time Master Degree by Course work and Long Essay/Project -3 Semesters Full-Time Master Degree by Coursework and Research Thesis – 4 Semesters
(c) Ph.D. Programmes
(i) Full-Time Minimum Duration – 6 Semesters
(ii) Part-Time Minimum Duration – 8 semesters (for Staff only)
OAU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements.
(a) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
An Applicant for admission to Postgraduate Diploma of the University shall be: (i) a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University with at least 3rd Class Degree. (ii) a graduate of any other approved University with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower.
(b) Master Degree Programmes:
An Applicant shall normally possess not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved University.
(c) Master of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
An Applicant shall possess first class or a very strong second class (Upper Division) with CGPA of 4.0 and above.
(d) Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes
An applicant for admission to the Ph.D. Degree programme shall be: a graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University or any other approved
University who possesses a Master Degree with research thesis and a weighted coursework average which shall normally be not less than 60 %(B+).
(e) VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
In addition to the admission requirements as published, ALL Candidates should please note that in accordance with the University regulations, they must satisfy the O’ Level requirements for matriculation into first degree programmes of the Obafemi Awolowo University, i.e. Five Credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics (where required).
Applicants are required to be prepared for a short test if their Faculty/Department of choice so desired.
OAU Postgraduate Admission Method of Application.
PURCHASE OF APPLICATION FORM SHALL BE THROUGH ON-LINE ONLY
Candidates can conveniently complete the application forms and pay by taking the following steps:
Step1: Log on to our admission website http://apply.oaunetque.com
Step 2: Create an online account, e-mail will be sent with additional details including a system-generated password.
Step 3: With the e-mail and password combination, applicants should sign in and accurately fill the pages of the application form.
Step 4. Application processing fee can be paid using either ATM/Nigerian Debit Cards or the OAU Postgraduate Online application Scratch Cards (Details will be sent via e-mail).
Step 5. Applicants should forward the following relevant documents in support of their applications in a Big brown envelope; (A4 Size) indicating at the back, the enclosed documents, Form number and name.
(i) Photocopy of University Degree Certificate
(ii) Photocopy of NYSC Discharge Certificate
(iii) Photocopy of O’Level Result
(iv) The original transcript obtained from the Applicant’s University plus duly completed downloaded Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduate College Transcript Label; (i)-(iv) must be properly addressed to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
(v) Kindly note that another set of relevant documents in support of their application as specified in (i)-(iv) should also be forwarded to the Head of Department of their choice
- ATM Cards for all banks on the InterSwitch network are supported.
- Application processing fee for all programmes costs N8,500 (Eight thousand and five hundred naira only).
- The progress of completed application forms can be monitored online and notification will be sent to applicants once decisions are made on the application.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their applications by e-mail.
OAU Postgraduate Programmes Other Information.
(a) For additional information, visit the Postgraduate College Website at http://www.oauife.edu.ng/pgcollege
- Sponsors such as employment agencies, Ministries, Corporations, Parastatals and Foreign Missions should advise their candidates to apply personally for application forms and multiple applications will lead to cancellation of all applications forwarded.
- Any candidate currently registered on a Postgraduate programme in this University and who applies for admission into another postgraduate programme without such a disclosure on the application form and who fails to duly withdraw from such a current programme with the approval of Senate, will automatically forfeit his studentship under the existing University Regulation.
- Applications without Transcripts will not be considered.
OAU Postgraduate Programmes Application CLosing Date.
Duly completed Application forms must be submitted online on or before 31 December, 2014.
- Any applicant whose original transcript does not reach us before the admission exercise begins will not be admitted.
- Successful candidates will receive their letters of admissions through their e-mail addresses supplied.